South East Wales RIGS (Regionally Important Geodiversity Sites) works to enhance and protect a suite of geological sites across South East Wales.
What We Do
- Identifying sites with RIGS potential
- Vetting the status of exposures on known sites
- Site clearance
- Site descriptions
- Information on RIGS sites to the public
How You Can Help
- Join, membership only costs £5
- Help with vetting sites
- Help with site clearance
- Help logging sites (for those with the geological knowledge)
Currently penciled in (where not shown, exact dates will be confirmed nearer the time):
- General Meeting 6 April 2019, Parc Slip, followed by a visit to Stormy Down and possibly Pyle
- Pencilled-in site visits to Ruperra and possibly Llandegfedd Reservoir
- Reconnaissance of selected Swansea RIGS sites near Mumbles
If you want to take part but are unsure how to go about it, please contact our chairman Nigel McGaw at nimar.nmcgaw at gmail.com.
- Holiday Geology, 12 January 2019
- RIGS Workday in the Usk Inlier, 5 December 2018, 10:30am
- AGM 17 November 2018, 10:00am
- Quarella Workday 17 October 2018, 10:30am
- General meeting 1 September 2018
- Quarella Workday 28 August 2018
Note: when using the above email addresses, replace the ‘at’ with the @-sign.