For an update on some recent workday clearances, see blog entries Quarella Workday 13 February 2017 and Wild Mill Workday 26 April 2017. For the findings of the open morning held on 30 September 2017 see the blog entry on SEW RIGS Open Morning – Findings.
(1) Quarella House, where the quarry owner used to live
(2) Position of first exposure
(3) Position of second exposure
(4) Position of third exposure
(5) Position of fourth exposure
Work so far has concentrated on the first exposure, and is progressing well.
For a diagrammatic view of the quarry, see below (with thanks to Dave Wellings for supplying the material on which the diagram is based, see also blog entry on the subject).